The Dovells Bristol Stomp
- The Dovells had their first and biggest hit, “Bristol Stomp,” in 1961.
- The song was named for a suburb of their hometown, Philadelphia.
- They returned to the Top 40 four more times in 1962 and 1963.
- Len Barry was the group’s lead singer until he left after a week of shows in Miami over Christmas 1963. He went solo and scored his first hit, “1-2-3,” two years later.
- The Dovells performed at Bill Clinton's first inaugural ball in January 1993 -- and the new president, who brought his saxophone along, jammed with them on "You Can't Sit Down."