Broken Bells The Ghost Inside
- Broken Bells is the duo of James Mercer, frontman of The Shins, and Brian Burton (AKA Danger Mouse), the successful producer and co-founding member of Gnarls Barkley.
- The two met at a European Festival in 2004, but didn't start working together as Broken Bells until five years later.
- They released their self-titled debut album in March, 2010. The music was described as "melodic, but experimental."
- It reached the Top 10 on the Billboard 200 album chart and went top three on both the Alternative and Rock Album charts.
- "The Ghost Inside" was the second single from the album.
- After releasing an EP in 2011, Mercer and Danger Mouse are currently in the studio working on the second Broken Bells album.